The Institute maintains close working relations with similar departments and programs at various Israeli universities, as well as ongoing cooperation and interchange programs with the leading institutions in the world:
- Boston Center for Philosophy and History of Science
- Max Planck Institute for History of Science, Berlin.
- Center for the History of Knowledge, ETH Zürich
The Institute enjoys close relations with related programs in Israel including:
- The Van Leer Institute in Jerusalem
- Sidney M. Edelstein Center for the History and Philosophy of Science, Technology, and Medicine, at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- History and Philosophy of Science Program at Bar-Ilan University
The Institute also cooperates closely with the Minerva Humanities Center of Tel Aviv University. The Van Leer Institute, the Edelstein center, and the Cohn Institute together organize the Annual International Workshop in the History and Philosophy of Science.